Saturday, March 8, 2008

Women's Day. Woohoo.

Women's Day. I sound excited, don't I? I am. So excited that I almost wished that there was no 8th of March. Everyone around me is happy that it's Women's Day. And when asked why, they say, 'Because it's Women's Day!'

What's so great about Women's Day anyway? Why do we need to dedicate a whole day to the fairer sex? It's not like there is no Men's Day, but tell me something, do we even remember what month it's in? People don't give as much importance to Men's Day as they give to this day. Women's Day, I mean. Why this discrimination? Why, oh why?

I know I sound like an over-dramatic men's supporter here, but that's not the case. Not really, anyway. It's just that I'm sick of people celebrating it. You turn the TV on, there's people going around saying, 'Woohoo, it's Women's Day!'. Why should I care? Or why should anyone, for that matter?

On one side, there are TV channels broadcasting how the upper class is celebrating this day by going out for dinner, cutting cakes, and even organizing parties. Yes, some people are doing that. And on the other side, there are female fetuses being killed. Every fucking day. There are little girls who are forced to get married before they even reach puberty. It's not like the Government's not doing anything for them, but let's just face it. It's efforts are in vain. Most of them, at least. For once, people should stop celebrating 'days' just for the heck of it. Think of the other side. Just, try doing that and you'll forget the : 'Woohoo, today's Women's Day!'

I might sound cynical to some people. Or boring, maybe. Or just someone who-tries-too-hard-to-fit-into-the-crowd-by-criticizing-the-Government. But I'm just bored.

And sick of Women's Day. For all we know, there'll be a Fuck-Your-Neighbor's-Kitten Day next. Or his wife, if he doesn't have a kitten.

P.S.: And Thank You Jayesh, for pointing out that nobody remembers when Men's Day is. XD



8 comments:

The Drunk Santa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Drunk Santa said...

I met a sexist guy at a party, and we were discussing the same thing, he went ahead and said something like "the rest of the 364 days are men's day anyway so let them have a day man! FUCK YEAH!" I guess he was high. I GUESS.

And I think I agree with your post, but the people who 'protect the women' don't, I mean heck it wasn't a bank holiday, was it? So its fine, I guess.

As far as the TV goes, thats the reason I have started downloading sitcoms and stuff, I don't want to see people selling creams wishing ME a happy womens day, its not a day where one gets laid or something man :|

I don't think theres a mens day anyway.

Unknown said...

--Or his wife, if he doesn't have a kitten.--

I know how to celebrate that day. XD Effectively. XD

Besides, that's just to make the females be happy even though they're still being considered 'inferior' I mean what the fuck has the Government done for gender equality?

Women get jobs because they're well, women and NOT because they're qualified. You're pitying them. You ARE still discriminating. You are still underestimating.

But well, people love living in this puerile politically correct dream, let them.

Unknown said...

And well, wow. I think I should be surprised that you posted this, but I am not.

La Reine said...

Well, Yeah, Jay, I've met many people who say the remaining 364 days belong to Men, so we should let Women have on day for themselves. It's ANNOYING.

Maybe I should start downloading Sitcoms too. -.-

Surprised? Surprised? What do you mean, young man?!

Unknown said...

It would've been too much work for a brainded, young woman. XD

shay said...

There's this thing.

Shailja said...

i have tagged you!!!!!!!!!